December 26, 2008





Happiness is still a warm gun.

So okay, I will move to Reykjavik. Actually pretty soon. My plane takes off on 5th of January. I promised you to write something about the how's and why's, so this is what I'll do. After I finished school (oh hell, that was great!) my parents expected me to sign in to study at some university. I wasn't ready for this at the time - you know, I still don't feel like it right now. So I gambled away almost a year having this or that silly job - I recorded Oktober in this time as well. Anyway this situation made me crazy and made me move away from home. I got a job as a photographer assistent in Berlin and committed myself to this, then I worked at a booking agency. It all took one year. Berlin was great. I miss it so much

A friend of mine did this program which they call EVS (European voluntary service), it's a cool thing to do and I decided to do the same thing too. So I tried to get into it. After some attempts I finaly did. So now I am moving to Reykjavik in January 2009 for one year. I will work at the Art and Cultural Department of Reykjavik named Hitt Húsið. I am really excited cause this is excatly what I always wanted to do. This island is so fascinating and the work there sounds so amazing. So I am really looking forward to try to make a living there. I will try to keep this blog updated with a little more care during this year. So if anybody is actually reading this "Watch out!", and leave a little comment for me to know you're somewhere out there reading this. Or I'll sooner or later shut this whole thing down

The photograph above shows Lars. I took it on our tour we did not that long ago. I had a wonderful time with him - and yes definitely some drinks too much but who cares?! I miss him and I miss playing shows. I want to record songs again, hopefully I am able to sooner than later

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

quatsch, ich lese den blog und alleine für mich schon muss der bleiben.
es gibt auch mehr woody.

Supertrooper said...

jaaaa. frühstücken muessen wir mal wieder. bin jetz auch wieder am start und hätte am 2. oder 3.1. morgens noch nichts vor

Anonymous said...

ich lese das auch und ich verlange eine fortsetzung. schon alleine wegen der ganzen schönen fotos. wag es und hör auf zu schreiben, freundchen, ich finde dich auch in island, und dann gnade dir gott. so. batz.
ju

Anonymous said...

war nur spass mältchen.
aber bitte schreib weiter;-)

Anonymous said...

ich lese. kucke hier vorbei. immer und mal wieder.

R+n

Supertrooper said...

und, biste jut angekommen, keule ???

Kiwitz said...

please do not close this blog. I´m so excited to find out how´s your new life in reykjavik. :)

actually i might start thinking of the possibility to translate my blog as well so you could understand what i´m talking about in each post ;)

and about those pics, na i didn´t took them, in the post i am explaning some things about the wedding cause i´m getting married in 23 days. glup.... 23 days is nothing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I had no idea you are there for EVS! I did that too back in time at my first stay in Iceland. Which organization is hosting you there? AUS? Veraldarvinir? And Hitt Husid! That is a great place! We had an exhibition there ^^ But later on it became a place to have a free coffee (shhh!)

Enjoy the winds and mountain tops for me dear Malte, and Gangi ther vél á Íslandi!

Kaer kvedja,

annA

maltecornelius said...

Takk everyone