April 15, 2009




þingvellir, Iceland, April 2009


The quiet city. April 15th

Shit, it's already april. Time somehow flies so fast. I've been on this island now for four months which makes me feel like I should have lots of stories to tell but somehow I don't. This doesn't mean I don't do and experience things, they just all seem so usual and subliminal. No stunning highlights, irritating flashlights or big surprises. Things tend to go slow sometimes, but actually it all rushes by. And it's over sooner than later

I am desperately waiting for my new 35mm cameras to come, plus I am seriously thinking about buying some instruments and a record player here. While walking in and out of bars, chatting about girlfriends and that Bergman film you saw last week, that great record you bought yesterday, stealing wine glasses from our favourite cafes, spending too much money on unlit cigarettes. The fascination never ends. The stars always above our heads - and the sky actually touches the ground in some way - but soon they will go to sleep and so do we, hopefully

(New panorama view from my blacony here)

I could talk about thousands of things I miss but I won't. I could try to list hundreds of things I love but I won't do that either. And I will definitely not name all the stuff I regret or don't regret. Sometimes this place is a quiet city, and sometimes it walks along with you all the way through the night when you missed the last bus home

No comments: