May 20, 2009




Rebecca on a boat trip around Heimaey, Westman Islands, June 2009

Every move a picture, or, For a brief moment I thought I had it all figured out

I am doing lots of photography work right now which is really good because it almost feels like I am an actual photographer. I am following the Reykjavík Street Theatre in their preparations for their big performance on the Icelandic National Day, June 17th, and I will be photographing their performance as well as taking single portraits of everyone. It is really exciting to be around these people

I went to the Westman Islands the other weekend and took lots of photos there too. It is a beautiful small group of islands in the south of Iceland. It takes like three hours by boat but it is actually not that far away from Iceland. Heimaey - the main island with its 4000 inhabitants - is a beautiful, quiet place

Furthermore I am working on a Portrait Series, or at least I try to. Reykjavík is awesome in its summer days, and there a quite a lot sunny days here right now. Half of the year is already over which feels pretty strange. These six months went by so incredibly fast and I am afraid the next half will pass even faster. I hope it won't

(For more photos about the places I wrote please check my Flickr, and don't miss the new Flickr for the Reykjavík Street Theatre)

No comments: